Welcome to the Online Shop. Please note we sometimes runout of stock due to attending exhibitions, but can soon order in replacement stock. We can order any item from the Parkside & Dundas range, so if not listed please get in touch. All items on this page are O gauge kits and require assembly. We can also do bulk orders and will offer a discount, get in touch for details.
7mm (Ogauge) Kit wagon, Picture illustrates a built example
Developed from a Midland Railway design, 950 of the vans were built between 1927 and 1931. After Nationalisation their use spread to other areas of BR, particularly ex LNER lines. By the 1950s they were commonly seen on local trip and branch line freights. In the 1960s some were transferred to the Civil Engineers fleet, where a few lasted into the 1990s. Withdrawal from ordinary traffic had taken place by the early 1970s. Transfers for early and late LMS periods and post 1948 BR.
1,000 of these vans were built between 1952 and 1930 to carry ripening bananas from ports, such as Avonmouth, Garston on the Mersey and London to inland warehouses. The vans were steam heated by means of through pipes from the locomotive. The steam heating was done away with in the 1950's and after this the steam pipes were removed as were the end ventilators. These vans lasted in service until the early 1960's. Includes Transfers for LMS and BR periods.
The LNER introduced this brake van in the 1920s, giving it the telegraphic code "TOAD E". It was based on a 15 foot wheelbase and the design must have been successful as they lasted in service with British Railways well into the 1960s, mostly on ex-LNER lines. It has been a while since the last release from this firm, so we are pleased to advise that this brand new O gauge kit is now in stock.
400 of these vans were built at Wolverton Works in 1927 and 1930 to carry fresh meat. They would normally run in express freight trains, but they were also fitted with through steam heating pipes allowing them to be marshalled within passenger trains. They were largely supplanted by containers but could be seen until around 1960.Transfers for LMS and BR.
BR built 1,500 of this design in 1950 - 1951 intending that its relatively high capacity should be widely utilised. The idea of higher capacity wagons, which had been tried in 1923, was still before its time. Although used for domestic coal, their main role was to carry coal to power stations and large works. As such they were widely used throughout the network and many lasted into the early 1980s.Transfers for early and post TOPS BR.
These vans were built in various batches in the 1930’s. During the Second World War further building took place with a batch also being made for the LNER. The first BR gunpowder vans were also constructed to this design in the late 1940’s and early 1950’s. Most lasted in this form until the late 1950’s by which time they had been converted to vacuum brake operation. Transfers included for LMS (post 1936 and wartime), LNER and BR.
This was the definitive BR standard mineral wagon produced in vast quantities during the 1950s and used well into the 1980s. to carry coal, scrap metal and many other mineral traffics throughout the BR system. Extra parts are provided with the kit to give options of Instanter couplings and also double brake gear.Transfers for 1950s, 1960s and TOPS style lettering are provided. O Gauge
This is one of the first goods van designs used by the LMS, which built over 2,500 in 1924 - 1926. The design is basically Midland Railway and has a steel chassis with a 9 foot wheel base. They were to be seen until the early 1960s, when shorter wheel base and non vacuum braked merchandise wagons disappeared largely from the scene. Transfers for LMS and BR.